ZenRows and the GDPR
As we are based in Spain, which is in the European Union, we are regulated by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are fully compliant with the GDPR.
- ZenRows has "right to be forgotten" procedures in place. We fully delete a customer's data on request. We keep data for trial customers and cancelled customers until they request the data to be deleted. The sole reason for holding onto the data is to allow customers to reactivate their account when they wish.
- The only identifying customer data we keep long term after account deletion is the data to meet our legal requirements for our bookkeeping duties. Precisely, we keep a record of all invoices and payments with enough information to meet our legal requirements.
- When an individual or organisation creates a trial account, but never converts the trial account to a paid subscription, the account is not deleted until requested by the account owner.
- ZenRows has less than 250 employees, which means we don't have to keep records of data processing activities.
- ZenRows takes all reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of any personnel who have access to personal data. ZenRows has in place all reasonable technical and organisational measures to keep all personal data confidential and secure and to protect personal data against accidental loss or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure or access.
- ZenRows is primarily hosted on Digital Ocean, a cloud hosting service. We regularly perform audits to ensure we are following recommended security guidelines on Digital Ocean for data protection.
What data do we collect?
On our public website ("marketing site")
On our website we use Google Analytics to help us understand, in anonymised form, how the site is being used. Google Privacy Compliance Policy
Our users on our web application (the "ZenRows service")
When you create an account on ZenRows we store your HTTP referrer. We do this solely for purposes of internal data analysis. This information is stored in our database, which is hosted on Digital Ocean, and is not shared with other services.
Financial transaction information
As you would expect of any business, we share transaction data with our accountants and with the relevant tax authorities when we pay VAT and file our annual tax return.
Data Processing Agreement
Becoming a customer of our service implies acceptance of our Data Processing Agreement, unless otherwise explicitly agreed with us in writing.
Need more information about ZenRows and the GDPR? Write to [email protected].